Indigenous educators, cultural creators, community leaders, artists, Elders, youth, and others are encouraged to apply. Non-Indigenous individuals and organizations can apply, as long as all funds received go to Indigenous people, communities, or organizations (i.e., a non-Indigenous school/educator can apply for funding to bring an Indigenous Elder to speak to the school or a class).
All funds must be spent supporting an Indigenous-led activity, event, or initiative. This stream does not fund ongoing programs or projects. It is a one-time grant.
Non-registered charities will act as an extension of DWF for legal purposes to deliver reconciliation programming, which will require a trustee agreement. DWF will provide the documentation to ensure compliance with CRA regulations.
If you have additional questions about your eligibility, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-844-944-4545 ext. 41.
- Individuals (individuals may apply if the activity, event, or initiative benefits Indigenous people and communities)
- For-profit organizations
- Business non-profit institutions, including business associations, chambers of commerce, etc.
- Provincial/territorial entities for purposes other than the intention of the grant (Indigenous cultural, artistic, and educational activities)
- Municipalities and their entities for purposes other than the intention of the grant (Indigenous cultural, artistic, and educational activities)
- Government of Canada and federal entities