In registering for the Legacy Schools program, you are committed to:
- Understanding the Secret Path graphic novel as a teaching tool (included in the Legacy Schools toolkit).
- Using the Legacy School resources in your classroom/school with the support of the Legacy School Toolkit.
- Inspiring others to engage in acts of reconciliation through continued awareness, education, and connection (reconciliACTIONs).
- Supporting others in creating reconciliACTION events, and/or fundraising for local Indigenous organizations and/or DWF.
- We encourage at least one reconciliACTION to take place annually during Secret Path Week (October 17-22) with on-going learning and reconciliACTIONs happening throughout the year.
- Sharing your experiences about the impact of the Legacy Schools program and reconciliACTIONs with DWF.
Please note registrations are only accepted within Canada. We encourage you to consult with your school/club administration prior to signing up. We also encourage you, to let your colleagues and community know about DWF and the Legacy Schools & Legacy Spaces programs to help move reconciliation forward.
Feel free to contact: LegacySchools@DownieWenjack.ca with any questions.