In becoming a Legacy School, educators commit to:
1) Understanding the Secret Path graphic novel as a teaching tool (included in the Legacy Schools toolkit).
2) Using the Legacy School resources (located online) in your classroom/school with the support of the Legacy School Toolkit.
2) Inspiring your students to engage in acts of reconciliation through continued awareness, education, and action (reconciliACTIONs).
3) Supporting your class in creating reconciliACTION events, and/or fundraising for local Indigenous organizations and/or DWF.
4) We encourage at least one reconciliACTION to take place during our annual Secret Path Week (October 17-22) with on-going learning and reconciliACTIONs happening throughout the year.
5) Sharing your school events about the impact of the Legacy Schools Toolkit and reconciliACTIONs with DWF.
Please note registrations are only accepted for schools in Canada. We encourage you to consult with your school administration prior to signing up. We also encourage you, with administration approval, to let your whole school know about the program and how as a school community you can help move reconciliation forward.
Feel free to contact LegacySchools@DownieWenjack.ca if you have any questions.