The 2021 Spring Poster Contest is here!
For this year’s Spring Poster Contest, students should create a poster that answers:
How does mental health influence our ties to the land, family, community, and relationships?
How does this influence their holistic wellness (physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual well-being)?
Winners Announced: May 21, 2021 (Prizes will be mailed out to schools or homes based on safety and health measures in place in that region)
Submissions should be high quality artwork 8.5×11 inches, at 300 dpi resolution. Please submit PDF files digitally to email@example.com.
Here are some possible examples of resources. Please use resources that are relevant to the First Nation, Métis, and/or Inuit communities in your area:
- Arctic Indigenous Wellness Foundation, NT
- Alberta Health Services
- Climate Change & Inuit Mental Health
- First Nations Health Authority, BC
- First Nations Holistic Lifelong Learning Model
- Inuit Holistic Learning Model
- Inuit Youth Perspective on Mental Health from Labrador
- Métis Lifelong Learning Model, University of Saskatchewan
- Ontario – ECHO – course for healthcare workers
- The Haudenosaunee Code of Behaviour for Traditional Medicine Healers – National Aboriginal Health Organization (NAHO), ON
- University of Saskatchewan
Note: If you have difficulty obtaining resources at the local or regional level you may contact your local Friendship Centre (urban) and/or the host First Nation, Métis, Inuit community within your area (urban, rural, remote). Contact your school’s Indigenous Education Department or search online for the corresponding community contact details.